Honest letters: The Rare Types of Friends

/
0 Comments
I introduce my school squad.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you come across this rare species that I like to call 'frendlius realiuso' - which translates from Latinuso as true friend, and widely confused with the term best friend. But that is someone completely else, and both deserve recognition because they put up with your BS.

The best and the worst part about these people is that you can meet them literally anywhere or any time, and so it is crucial to look out for them, because you might miss them by a little quarrel over a petty thing, par exemple a boy, same shoes, or even worse - an infectious rumour that can easily poison your mind, and it is easier to blame the cause of this on someone else. 

Friendships generally can be extremely fragile and thus hard to keep/ maintain, so you can imagine how difficult are these types of friendships.

You see, some people don't know how to keep friends, and especially after finishing high school they will lose many friends. But there are ways, not even secrets, on how to avoid losing potential true friends. I think I mentioned this before too, but it is truly necessary for both sides to invest not just money and time, but effort too into the friendship, meaning that they need to both equally try to agree on a date and time to meet up, to merge their busy schedules, to put away some money so they can both enjoy the time spent together the most. Making up new activities to do helps as well.

Unfortunately I cannot give any guidelines as to how to recognise a true friend, since this is a very sensitive matter and utterly personal to each individual. 

One of the features that I consider to be part of a true friendship is the ability to spend time with someone and not have to fill the empty space of silence with words. Just simply being together, each doing work of our own.

That was the thing I liked about today. 
I met my friend Amy, a friend that I have met in school, for a coffee at Costa's. We both agreed that we will meet but both do our own college work, and that was just what we did. We didn't necessarily need to talk for hours to know we're friends, what more, that we're best friends, though we would both have our own friends and best friends in college. Just sitting there quietly in the café, doing work is sufficient to maintain our friendship, and I am so grateful that I have a friend like her who is willing to take almost an hour bus journey to just come down and sit there with me.


So thank you for being such a fab friend Amy!

That's not to say though, that there aren't other potentials in the making... I love and appreciate every one of my friends, and people who take the time and effort to invest in me. 













Love,Kami

xoxo


You may also like

Disclaimer

If you happen to see your work on my site without proper credit or you would like it to be removed, please contact me.

All images on this blog are copyrighted to their respective owners. I do not own any of the images posted unless stated otherwise.

Powered by Blogger.